Cookie gets changed when hit comes from a referrer

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 20:18:55 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Steven D'Aprano
> So, for the benefit of anyone, not just Nikos, who wants to learn about
> how browsers connect to web sites and how to run a web server, does
> anyone have any recommendation for tutorials, mailing lists, web forums
> or books which are suitable? Preferably things you have used yourself,
> and can personally vouch for being useful.

Personally, what I find most useful is network-level tracing - if I
want to know what my web server's doing, I'll telnet to it (or, more
likely, use my MUD client) and look at exactly what it's sending; and
if I want to know what a browser's doing, I'll do the same (since my
MUD clients allow me to run them "backwards", listening rather than
connecting).

But that isn't for everyone, I'm aware of that.

ChrisA