Trying tcompile an use the Python 3.4a

Johannes Findeisen mailman at hanez.org
Wed Nov 13 16:30:09 EST 2013

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 23:19:53 +0200
Ferrous Cranus wrote:

> Στις 13/11/2013 7:45 μμ, ο/η Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick έγραψε:>
> > Get ez_setup.py and get-pip.py, and run them with the desired Python.
> >

> Why can't i just use that?
>
> root at secure [~]# sudo yum install python-pip
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
>   * base: ftp.plusline.de
>   * extras: mirror.skylink-datacenter.de
>   * updates: ftp.plusline.de
> base
>

> | 3.7 kB     00:00
> extras
>

> | 3.4 kB     00:00
> updates
>

> | 3.4 kB     00:00
> Setting up Install Process
> No package python-pip available.
> Error: Nothing to do
> root at secure [~]#
>
> 'python-pip' is something that all repos should have, why it cannot be
> found?

Please try to figure out your distribution specific stuff by
using a search engine! This was what I found as first result by
searching for "centos pip" at Google:

http://superuser.com/questions/292378/how-to-install-pip-and-easy-install-on-centos

This really is not a Python question but a CentOS issue!

Regards,
Johannes