Trying tcompile an use the Python 3.4a

Ferrous Cranus nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 16:19:53 EST 2013

Στις 13/11/2013 7:45 μμ, ο/η Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick έγραψε:
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM, Ferrous Cranus <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Στις 13/11/2013 6:13 μμ, ο/η Steven D'Aprano έγραψε:

>>> Of course there is, but only if you wish to break your system. The OS
>>> will be expecting /usr/bin/python to be Python 2. Leave it be.
>>

>> Okey i will leave it be although i dislike the idea of using the shebang
>> constructor as #~/usr/local/bin/python3
>> Is there any way that i can use it as it was #!/usr/bin/python but firing
>> python3 instead of python 2.6.6 ?
>
> You can link it to /usr/bin/python3.  There should be no problem when
> you do this.
>
>> Also i'm tryong 'yum install python-pip' because some modules like 'pymysql'
>> and 'pygeoip' are missing but CentOS doesn't seem able to detect it.
>
> That should install it for the Python 2.6.6 you have, and possibly
> under the name `python-pip` because of various shenanigans in the
> redhatesque repos.
>
>> Please help me install 'pip' so i can install the modules.
>
> http://www.pip-installer.org/en/latest/installing.html#install-or-upgrade-setuptools
>
> Get ez_setup.py and get-pip.py, and run them with the desired Python.

Why can't i just use that?

root at secure [~]# sudo yum install python-pip
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
  * base: ftp.plusline.de
  * extras: mirror.skylink-datacenter.de
  * updates: ftp.plusline.de
base

| 3.7 kB     00:00
extras

| 3.4 kB     00:00
updates

| 3.4 kB     00:00
Setting up Install Process
No package python-pip available.
Error: Nothing to do
root at secure [~]#

'python-pip' is something that all repos should have, why it cannot be
found?