To whoever hacked into my Database

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 14:36:41 EST 2013

On Nov 13, 2013 6:31 PM, "superchromix" <markb77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been thinking about learning Python for scientific programming.. but
all of these flame war type posts make the user community look pretty lame.
 How did all of these nice packages get written when most of the user
interaction is .... this??

This isn't usually what happens on this list. Most people on this list
(myself included) are ignoring or at least not contributing to these
particular threads.

> Can anyone tell me, is there another newsgroup where the discussion is
more on python programming?

For a beginner I would certainly recommend the python-tutor list. I've
never seen a flame war there. Threads tend to stay on-topic and are usually
helpful to the OP. The tutor list is for generic python problems but you
can usually get help for simple scientific programming problems.

Oscar