To whoever hacked into my Database

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 14:24:09 EST 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 12:27 PM, superchromix <markb77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I've been thinking about learning Python for scientific programming.. but all of these flame war type posts make the user community look pretty lame.  How did all of these nice packages get written when most of the user interaction is .... this??
>
> Can anyone tell me, is there another newsgroup where the discussion is more on python programming?

Please don't judge the whole community by this thread, I promise we're
not all bad!  The majority of the traffic on this list is of a useful
sort, and you can learn fairly quickly the addresses that are best
ignored, blocked, or otherwise passed over.  For myself using Gmail, I
have a filter set up to mark particular threads that I don't want to
be notified about and mute them after the first few mails come in.  I
didn't see your message initially because it was part of a muted
thread, I only saw it at all because the thread spilled over the 100
message mark into a "new" thread in Gmail with one of the replies to
your message.

Also, if you have a specific question about how to do something in
Python you can try the tutor list (tutor at python.org) which is much
more focused, much lower traffic, and has several very knowledgeable
Pythonistas listening in.

Give us a chance, and I don't think we'll let you down :)

--
Zach