To whoever hacked into my Database

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 08:02:22 EST 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 2:09 AM, Antoon Pardon
<antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be> wrote:
> So you are complaining about people being human. Yes that is
> how people tend to react when they continualy are frustrated
> by someone who refuses to show the slightest cooperation.
> So no rejecting such responses, particullarly by the person
> who caused them is not right. It is defelecting the blame from
> the primal cause.

As you say you're a human, not a sheep, so stop pointing at the
behavior of others to justify your own.  "But he started it" wasn't an
excuse in kindergarten, and it still isn't one now.  Somebody has to
accept the responsibility to walk away and break the positive feedback
loop, or it will never end.  And I can't see Nikos being the one to do
that.

> That is correct but is expecting too much from people in general.
> Expecting from frustrated people to act rational and constructive
> is just a recipe for your own frustrations.

In my experience, conduct follows from self esteem and self worth, and
those things follow in turn from the respect and expectations of
others.  If I expect others to act like animals, then I disrespect
them, and so why should they behave any differently toward me or in my
presence?  By expecting others to be rational and mature I show my
respect for them, and so perhaps they will see fit to behave in a way
to maintain that respect.