Help me with this code PLEASE

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 5 16:42:13 EST 2013

On 05/11/2013 21:17, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 05/11/2013 20:19, John Gordon wrote:
>> In <l5b8if$4k1$1 at dont-email.me> Nick the Gr33k <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com>
>> writes:
>>
>>> IAM STRUGGLING WITH IT 2 DAYS NOW AND I CANNOT GET IT TO WORK.
>>
>>> ALL I WANT IT TO DO IS JUST
>>
>>> 1. RETRIEVE 3 COLUMNS THAT CONSIST OF 3 LONG STRINGS
>>> 2. CONVERT LONG STRINGS TO LISTS
>>> 3. ADD SOME CURRENT VALUES TO THOSE LISTS
>>> 4. CONVERT FROM LISTS TO LONG STRINGS SO I CAN STORE SUCCESSFULLY LIST
>>> PYTHON DATATYPE TO MYSQL SCALAR STRING.
>>
>>> EVERYHTIGN I TRIED FAILED.
>>
>> How did it fail?
>>
>> Error message?
>> No results at all?
>> Different results than you wanted?  If so, how did they differ?
>>

> Dear John,
>
> This approach has already been tried by Dave Angel, Steven D'Aprano and
> Chris Angelico amongst others and has failed dismally so why should you
> be any different?
>
> I've taken a different approach. I've put the contract out to tender and
> hereby give you the winners
> http://www.mudefordwoodcommunitycentre.co.uk/playgroup-and-tiny-tots/
>
> Part of the rationale is that they're literally 100 yards from my front
> door so communicating with them effectively should be extremely easy.
> This will be particularly useful when it comes down to debugging such
> difficult issues as "> TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable".
>
> I'm looking forward to working in partnership with them and am convinced
> that within a few days all of Nikos' problems will have been solved.

Oh dear it looks as if we might have to renegotiate the contract as I
understand that we've an almost intractable problem to solve it's
"AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'".

But the best has yet to be invented.  Christian Tismer

Mark Lawrence