Help me with this code PLEASE

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 5 16:17:47 EST 2013

On 05/11/2013 20:19, John Gordon wrote:
> In <l5b8if$4k1$1 at dont-email.me> Nick the Gr33k <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> IAM STRUGGLING WITH IT 2 DAYS NOW AND I CANNOT GET IT TO WORK.
>
>> ALL I WANT IT TO DO IS JUST
>
>> 1. RETRIEVE 3 COLUMNS THAT CONSIST OF 3 LONG STRINGS
>> 2. CONVERT LONG STRINGS TO LISTS
>> 3. ADD SOME CURRENT VALUES TO THOSE LISTS
>> 4. CONVERT FROM LISTS TO LONG STRINGS SO I CAN STORE SUCCESSFULLY LIST
>> PYTHON DATATYPE TO MYSQL SCALAR STRING.
>
>> EVERYHTIGN I TRIED FAILED.
>
> How did it fail?
>
> Error message?
> No results at all?
> Different results than you wanted?  If so, how did they differ?

Dear John,

This approach has already been tried by Dave Angel, Steven D'Aprano and
Chris Angelico amongst others and has failed dismally so why should you
be any different?

I've taken a different approach. I've put the contract out to tender and
hereby give you the winners
http://www.mudefordwoodcommunitycentre.co.uk/playgroup-and-tiny-tots/

Part of the rationale is that they're literally 100 yards from my front
door so communicating with them effectively should be extremely easy.
This will be particularly useful when it comes down to debugging such
difficult issues as "> TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable".

I'm looking forward to working in partnership with them and am convinced
that within a few days all of Nikos' problems will have been solved.

But the best has yet to be invented.  Christian Tismer

Mark Lawrence