PEP 378: Format Specifier for Thousands Separator

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed May 22 06:45:12 EDT 2013

>>> What myth?
>>
>> The myth that % string formatting is deprecated. It is not deprecated.
> Skip didn't say that it was deprecated.

I didn't mean to create a tempest in a teapot.  I was away from
comp.lang.python, python-bugs, and python-dev for a few years.  In
particular, I didn't ever see the aforementioned thread from Feb 2012.
 Had I known of that thread I would have worded the sentence which
shall not be repeated differently.

My apologies...

Skip