PEP 378: Format Specifier for Thousands Separator

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed May 22 10:58:08 EDT 2013

On Wed, 22 May 2013 05:45:12 -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:

> I didn't mean to create a tempest in a teapot.  I was away from
> comp.lang.python, python-bugs, and python-dev for a few years.  In
> particular, I didn't ever see the aforementioned thread from Feb 2012.
>  Had I known of that thread I would have worded the sentence which
> shall not be repeated differently.
>
> My apologies...

No problem, it's not about you specifically, it's just that some of us
fans of % formatting can be a tad sensitive about it, especially since
the idea that it has been deprecated (or soon will be deprecated, or one
day will be deprecated, and therefore code using it is bad) is relatively
widespread on the Internet.

Glad to have you back here!

--
Steven