[Python 2.7.3] What's the difference between these two uses of "for"?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sun Mar 17 22:33:00 EDT 2013

In article <mailman.3405.1363573404.2939.python-list at python.org>,
 "Yves S. Garret" <yoursurrogategod at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't get why it's posting what I said twice...

Because you're posting using the Google Groups web interface, right?
Google Groups is just plain busted and double-posts everything (at least
to this group).  Not your fault, but something to be aware of.  You'd do
better to subscribe to the real email list, or use a traditional NNTP
newsreader.

Google's motto may be "don't be evil", but they get to define what evil
is.  Apparently working and playing well with mailing list technology
which has worked just fine for literally decades isn't part of the
definition.