Python in web development

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 11:19:16 EST 2013

On 03/03/2013 07:18 AM, Sarbjit singh wrote:
> 1. Can I use Python (I want to use personally :)) over PHP/Perl?

Yes of course.

> 2. If Yes, I want to know the modules that I should learn for
> achieving my requirement. I searched internet and found Python
> provides CGI, Django etc.
>
> I don't much about Django/CGI, please suggest which module I should
> learn and use.

There are literally dozens of frameworks you can use.  You could use
straight CGI if you wanted, but I recommend a framework with a decent
templating engine for HTML code generation.

Anyway, a list--not exhaustive--of frameworks can be found here:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks

Django is one of the most popular.  Web2Py is another.  Though they
might seem overkill, it's well worth it to use them and learn them.
They both have good documentation.  So start there at their individual
sites.