Version Control Software

cutems93 ms2597 at cornell.edu
Wed Jun 12 19:27:22 EDT 2013

I am looking for an appropriate version control software for python development, and need professionals' help to make a good decision. Currently I am considering four software: git, SVN, CVS, and Mercurial. Of course, I already did some research on different characteristics of version software, but I concluded that listening to personal experiences and opinions from the professionals will help me a lot. What version control software do you like the most and why? What is the difference between git and Mercurial? Also, if anyone can help me by doing google-chat or skype, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!