Question regarding building Python Windows installer

Mcadams, Philip W philip.w.mcadams at intel.com
Mon Jul 15 15:27:28 EDT 2013

Yes.  My goal was to create the installer to put the modified python on my Mercurial server.  So I could have effectively copied over the <source tree with your compiled interpreter\Lib\site-packages to the <Python2.7 install dir>\Lib\site-packages on the server?  What I was trying to resolve was the issue with large Mercurial pushes.  I instead am using the IIS Crypto tool to resolve the issue.  I'd found a link that stated that modification to the _ssl.c module in Python could also fix the issue but that the python source would to be recompiled.  Since we are going with IISCrypto the Python change is no longer needed.  But out curiosity, and in case I ran into a situation where did indeed need to make a fix to Python I've wondered what's the best way to do that.  Hopefully this gives you a little insight on what I'm trying to do.  Thanks for your replies.

Thank you.

Philip McAdams
Systems Administrator - NVM Solutions Group Systems Engineering Apps & Infrastructure
Desk: (916) 377-6156 Cell: (916) 534-0092 Pole: FM3-1-D7