Question regarding building Python Windows installer

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 15:06:39 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Mcadams, Philip W
<philip.w.mcadams at intel.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Zachery. We have decided to just use another solution. Out of curiosity though I wanted to clarification on your statement:
>
> just stick the hg modules somewhere on PYTHONPATH.
>
> Are you saying that I would just map hg modules i.e.: C:\Users\pwmcadam\Downloads\Python-2.7.4\Python-2.7.4\Modules to my environment variables in Windows.
>
> Wasn't exactly following your comment.

Did I understand correctly that in your initial message you said you
needed an installer to try to resolve a Mercurial issue?  If not,
ignore that whole sentence of mine :)

Otherwise, I meant that you can just copy the mercurial and hgext
directories from <Python2.7 install dir>\Lib\site-packages to <source
tree with your compiled interpreter\Lib\site-packages (or any other
directory in sys.path).  Alternately, you could set the PYTHONPATH
environment variable to <Python2.7 install dir>\Lib\site-packages,
which would add that dir to the start of sys.path.  I did somewhat
misuse 'PYTHONPATH' in my earlier message.

--
Zach