Editor Ergonomics [was: Important features for editors]

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 11:50:17 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 1:42 AM, Paul Rudin <paul.nospam at rudin.co.uk> wrote:
> Text selection with a mouse is a different thing. Sometimes it's
> more convenient, sometimes it's not.

As screens get larger and the amount of text on them increases, it's
likely to get more and more useful to use a mouse... but personally, I
still find the switch-to-mouse operation so clunky on anything except
a Thinkpad that I'll use the keyboard even if it's a bit slower. (Why
are Thinkpads different? Because the mouse, which is excellent, is
right under my fingers, between G/H/B. It's less hassle to move to the
mouse than, say, to hit Backspace, which I do quite a bit while
typing. Effectively, I can touch-type the mouse. A HUGE advantage.)

ChrisA