Can someone tell me what kinds of questions should be asked in this list and what kinds in the tutor section?

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 19:04:52 EST 2013

On Sunday, February 17, 2013 5:10:18 PM UTC-6, Oscar Benjamin wrote:

> More
> often questions are asked on python-list that would be more
> appropriate on python-tutor. I've never seen anyone suggest that a
> question be asked on python-tutor when this happens, which is a shame
> since the same questions typically get more helpful answers there.

I have seen a handful in my years here, but your point is indeed valid.

However, i believe the whole idea of having more than one mailing list is folly anyway. Why? Case in point: this thread! We have a person who is not sure which list to post a question, meanwhile the question "in question" remains unanswered.

Many lists employ title tags that help to give a hint of who should answer. like:

[newbie] How to assign variables?
[first timer] Why is Python Zen violated by stdlib?

Or even the ever-present "Help: blah blah blah?"