Can someone tell me what kinds of questions should be asked in this list and what kinds in the tutor section?

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 18:10:18 EST 2013

On 17 February 2013 00:19, Claira <waveclaira at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone tell me what kinds of questions should be asked in this list and what kinds in the tutor section?

If you're unsure just ask on python-tutor. If the question is not
appropriate there, you'll be offered suggestions for where it would be
appropriate. This typically happens when the problem involves specific
knowledge of extra Python software that is not well-known by most
Python programmers.

Occasionally questions are asked on python-tutor that are not
appropriate there and an alternative list/group is suggested. More
often questions are asked on python-list that would be more
appropriate on python-tutor. I've never seen anyone suggest that a
question be asked on python-tutor when this happens, which is a shame
since the same questions typically get more helpful answers there.

Oscar