Google Groups + this list

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 23:34:15 EST 2013

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Ned Batchelder <ned at nedbatchelder.com> wrote:
>> Kevin started this thread by asking a question.  Chris responded without
>> helping the OP, and talked about Google Groups instead.  That's not good.
>
> The only reason I didn't directly help the OP was because the code was
> misformatted and it was necessary to request that it be reposted.
> Perhaps I should have been clearer in saying "Please repost your code
> with correct formatting", but there wasn't much else I could have
> done.
>
> Or maybe I should have just filtered everything from Google Groups
> into the bit bucket, because responding just creates threads like
> this. Do you honestly think that would be better? No response at all
> if the post comes from GG?

I think Ned is being exceptionally helpful in keeping this list in order
And you are being inflammatory in the above given that Ned just said:

> I'm not telling people not to use Google Groups.  In fact, I've said twice now in
> this thread that we have to accept Google Groups postings as part of this list.
> My point is simply that we have to take care not to turn this list into a list
> about Google Groups, one way or the other.

You are of course free to filter out GG posts if you wish -- thats a
separable question.

[And I reiterate my request to check why I have been kicked off from
GG and have to use mail. As rurpy said I cant handle a mailing list
volume of this scale for too long]