[newbie] trying socket as a replacement for nc

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 10:50:43 EST 2013

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 2:35 AM, Jean Dubois <jeandubois314 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using Linux, I did the following:
> svn checkout http://stromberg.dnsalias.org/svn/bufsock/
> which resulted in a directory 'bufsock' being added to my home-directory,
> Do I have to run further commands on the files in this directory?
> How do I make Python aware of the existence of this new module?

Have a look in that directory. It seems to simply have a bufsock.py
which is the module to import.

That said, though, you may have to deal with dependencies. The source
code of bufsock.py references a python2x3 module (which Google tells
me is by the same author), so you may need to grab that, too.

ChrisA