Problem when applying Patch from issue1424152 to get https over authenticating proxies working with urllib2 in Python 2.5

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 10 09:06:19 EST 2013

On 10/12/2013 13:47, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 12:35 AM,  <harish.barvekar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is this issue fixed. I am also facing the same issue of tunneling in https request. Please suggest how to proceed further
>
> You're responding to something from 2009. It's highly likely things
> have changed.

Says who?  Sadly IMHO this has been one of the worst aspects of Python
development.  I've seen 10 year old bugs happily sitting on the bug
tracker.  Thankfully that is slowly changing.  The core mentorship
program is helping, plus the gradual reduction in the number of versions
that need supporting as 2.6 is now out of support and we move towards
3.4.  However there are still 4275 open issues on the bug tracker.
Anyone up to help out, the pay and perks are really good? :)

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence