[error] [client 178.59.111.223] (2)No such file or directory: exec of

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 18:55:34 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 4:44 AM, Prasad, Ramit
<ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com.dmarc.invalid> wrote:
> Normally I would have thought you would have a public_html or www directory in your
> home folder that would be readable/writable to the web server (and where you should
> write).

No, a normal setup would have that world-readable but not writable.
That way, even if an exploit is found in your web site that lets an
attacker write files, s/he can't upload more files to the web server's
directory and start running them.

A directory writable by the web server might be /tmp.

ChrisA