[error] [client 178.59.111.223] (2)No such file or directory: exec of

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com.dmarc.invalid
Wed Aug 28 14:44:28 EDT 2013

Ferrous Cranus wrote:
> Yes Uli, the script metrits.py is being invoked by Apache Web Server which in turn runs under user
> Nobody.
> So, that mean that? user 'nobody' has no write permission to /home/nikos folder?

Yes. You should make it group writable with "nobody" as the group. Use chmod and chown
to change permissions and owners (i.e. groups). As a last resort (for testing purposes
only!) you can set the directory "world writable", but then *anyone* with access to that
host can write/delete/destroy the contents of that directory. This is obviously
very insecure and not a good idea. But if you are only trying to get a quick error message
then it might work for you.

Normally I would have thought you would have a public_html or www directory in your
home folder that would be readable/writable to the web server (and where you should
write).

~Ramit

This email is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and conditions including on offers for the purchase or sale of securities, accuracy and completeness of information, viruses, confidentiality, legal privilege, and legal entity disclaimers, available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures/email.