Creating a running tally/ definitely new to this

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Mon Aug 5 22:15:30 EDT 2013

gratedmedia at gmail.com wrote:

> I currently working on a game, where I need to maintain a running tally of money, as the player makes purchases as they navigate thru game.   I not exactly sure how to do this in python.  I know it is a fairly basic step, nonetheless.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

(just to save you the pain later:
   http://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython
)

So what have you written so far?  Is this a homework assignment and
you've been covering certain parts of Python in a certain order? Is it
part of learning some tutorial?

There are so many ways of accomplishing this sort of thing, that without
some constraints, there are a dozen reasonable responses.  I'll try one:

in the class Player, you make a pair of methods, purchase() and
income(), which manipulate the instance attribute assets.   Then you
make a property that returns the assets.

Class Player:
     def purchase(self, amount):
        self.assets -= amount
     def income(self, amount):