Newbie: where's the new python gone?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Sep 9 11:50:09 EDT 2012

BobAalsma <overhaalsgang_24_bob at me.com> writes:

> I think I've installed Python 2.7.3 according to the instructions in
> the README, and now want to use that version.

> However, when typing "python" in Terminal, I get "Python 2.6.4
> (r264:75821M, Oct 27 2009, 19:48:32) ".

I think you might have made a mistake.

Without more detail about what you did – detail which you perhaps can't
provide, since it's like asking “where did you last see the thing you
lost” – there's not much more we can do but guess.

You could try following the install instructions again, paying careful
attention to what might go wrong. Either something will go wrong, and
you'll be paying close enough attention to report it; or nothing will go
wrong, and you'll be able to use the version you want.

Good hunting.

--
 \         “The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is |
  `\       able to think things out for himself, without regard to the |