SSH Connection with Python

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sat Oct 27 20:35:23 EDT 2012

On 27Oct2012 14:18, Gelonida N <gelonida at gmail.com> wrote:
| On 10/27/2012 02:21 AM, Roy Smith wrote:
| > In article <mailman.2915.1351294793.27098.python-list at python.org>,
| >   Gelonida N <gelonida at gmail.com> wrote:
| >
| >> Another problem is, that paramiko depends on pycrypto 2.1+
| >> which doesn't exist as binary release for python 2.7
| >
| > I'm running paramiko-1.7.6 with python 2.7.3 on my Ubunto Precise box.
| > I'm reasonably sure all I did was "pip install paramiko".
|
| Apologies.  I failed to mention, that I was talking about Windows not Linux.
|
| I use Python for applications, that should work under Linux and under
| Windows.
|
| > But, keep in mind that fabric depends on paramiko.  If you can't get
| > paramiko installed, you probably can't get fabric either.
| >
| Thanks, that's good to know, so I don't have to bother looking at farbic
| (at least not as solution on windows python 2.7 without having to try to
| recompile pycrypto myself)

Many years ago we ran an ssh executable on Windows; it was a tiny
standalone kit consisting, IIRC, of the Cygwin libc and ssh. Or you
could just install Cygwin...

That would let you use Python's subprocess module to invoke ssh and
dispatch your command.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

There is a fine line between idiocy and genius.  We aim to erase that line.