SSH Connection with Python

Gelonida N gelonida at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 08:18:11 EDT 2012

On 10/27/2012 02:21 AM, Roy Smith wrote:
> In article <mailman.2915.1351294793.27098.python-list at python.org>,
>   Gelonida N <gelonida at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Another problem is, that paramiko depends on pycrypto 2.1+
>> which doesn't exist as binary release for python 2.7
>
> I'm running paramiko-1.7.6 with python 2.7.3 on my Ubunto Precise box.
> I'm reasonably sure all I did was "pip install paramiko".

Apologies.  I failed to mention, that I was talking about Windows not Linux.

I use Python for applications, that should work under Linux and under
Windows.

> But, keep in mind that fabric depends on paramiko.  If you can't get
> paramiko installed, you probably can't get fabric either.

Thanks, that's good to know, so I don't have to bother looking at farbic
(at least not as solution on windows python 2.7 without having to try to
recompile pycrypto myself)