Error compiling python3.2.3: architecture of input file is incompatible

Tobias Marquardt tm at tobix.eu
Sat Oct 27 10:11:48 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to compile Python 3.2.3.
On my 64 bit Ubuntu machine I have no problems but using Ubuntu 32 but I
get the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file
`Parser/tokenizer_pgen.o' is incompatible with i386 output
/usr/bin/ld: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file
`Parser/printgrammar.o' is incompatible with i386 output
/usr/bin/ld: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file `Parser/pgenmain.o'
is incompatible with i386 output
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Parser/pgen] Error 1

As it's the first time for me compiling python by myself, I have no idea
how to solve this. So I'm glad to see any suggestions.

Thanks,
Tobias