Email Id Verification

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri May 25 18:26:08 EDT 2012

On 25May2012 13:36, Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:
| On 2012-05-25, Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:
| > On Thu, 24 May 2012 05:32:16 -0700, niks wrote:
| >> Hello everyone..
| >> I am new to asp.net...
| >> I want to use Regular Expression validator in Email id verification..
| >
| > Why do you want to write buggy code that makes your users hate your
| > program? Don't do it! Write good code, useful code! Validating email
| > addresses is the wrong thing to do.
|
| I have to agree with Steven.  Nothing will make your users swear at
| you as certainly as when you refuse to accept the e-mail address at
| which the reeive e-mail all day every day.

And it will get better. If the validation code is sufficiently
widespread, the user may be unable to complain or report the issue.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Don't have awk? Use this simple sh emulation:
    #!/bin/sh
    echo 'Awk bailing out!' >&2
    exit 2
- Tom Horsley <tahorsley at csd.harris.com>