Re: Pythonic cross-platform GUI desingers à la Interface Builder (Re: what gui designer is everyone using)

rdsteph at mac.com rdsteph at mac.com
Tue Jun 12 17:19:57 EDT 2012

On Jun 10, 12:37 pm, Dietmar Schwertberger <maill... at schwertberger.de>
wrote:
> Personally, I prefer Python with console, wx or Qt for local
> applications and Python/HTTP/HTML/Javascript for multi-user
> database applications.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dietmar

+1

I think this is the wave of the furture for deploying simple programs
to many users. It is almost 100% cross platform (can be used on
desktop, smartphone, tablet, windows, linux, mac etc) and is very easy
to do, even for casual "non-programmers" who do a little programming
(such as many engineers).

I think efforts to make a better, and more definitive, "GUI builder"
for Python should focus on makigng an easy to use "IDE" for creating
these kinds of Python-HTMl-Javascript front ends for applications.

*That* would really help Python's popularity to take off and expode.

Ron Stephens