Re: Pythonic cross-platform GUI desingers à la Interface Builder (Re: what gui designer is everyone using)

rdsteph at mac.com rdsteph at mac.com
Wed Jun 13 12:30:09 EDT 2012

> I think this is the wave of the furture for deploying simple programs
> to many users. It is almost 100% cross platform (can be used on
> desktop, smartphone, tablet, windows, linux, mac etc) and is very easy
> to do, even for casual "non-programmers" who do a little programming
> (such as many engineers).
>
> I think efforts to make a better, and more definitive, "GUI builder"
> for Python should focus on makigng an easy to use "IDE" for creating
> these kinds of Python-HTMl-Javascript front ends for applications.
>
> *That* would really help Python's popularity to take off and expode.
>
> Ron Stephens

Replying to myself, to add this note: I just read the link
likehacker.com/learn-to-code/
about Google's "Blockly" a drag and drop tool for building apps that
outputs Python or Javascript code (among others) and it might be
usable along these lines...I'm sure serious programmers would not use
it but maybe engineers looking to make web front ends
for data acquisition or data base apps might use it...