Sudden doubling of nearly all messages

Devin Jeanpierre jeanpierreda at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 19:07:28 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 4:16 AM, Rick Johnson
> <rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It was a nice run Google. We had good times and bad times. A few smiles and cries.
>>
>> LMBTFY
>
> So, what... you reckon Microsoft is going to be the paragon of
> righteousness against the squalor of Google's information-grubbing
> tactics? Fascinating.

It's happened before. The example that made me really realize this was
when my university, the University of Toronto, was considering both
Microsoft and Google as mail providers for students last year. They
chose Microsoft, to a mass of student responses to the effect of "but
Microsoft is Evil!". It turns out that they ended up choosing
Microsoft because they gave stronger privacy guarantees.

People hold grudges against MS too strongly, and they believe too much
in Google's righteousness. They are both big companies that don't
necessarily care about you.

-- Devin