Sudden doubling of nearly all messages

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 19:16:24 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Devin Jeanpierre
<jeanpierreda at gmail.com> wrote:
> People hold grudges against MS too strongly, and they believe too much
> in Google's righteousness. They are both big companies that don't
> necessarily care about you.

Just to clarify, I'm not advocating the "Google is perfect" stance
either; in both cases you're looking at a huge company and a
zero-dollar service. That means you're completely at their mercy in
terms of feature support, and you're most likely going to have your
information harvested as a means of spamming you with ads.

And as you can see from the headers, I use gmail too. I'm fully aware
that they're scanning my emails to target the ads I see; it doesn't
bother me. I have another email address at a domain that I own, with
the mail server being an actual computer that I own, and Google's
welcome to read through all my mailing list posts.

It'd be no different if python.org provided their own free-to-use
webmail service. I'd be assuming you guys are targeting me with ads,
and it wouldn't bother me. :)

ChrisA