What are the minimum requirements to get a job in?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 09:58:08 EST 2012

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 1:48 AM, Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:
> That being said, I've worked for companies ranging from 3 employees to
> 40,000 employees.  I definitely like working for the small ones better.

My current job has one employee, it's just me and my boss. It's
satisfying to know that my work is really significant, but it feels
binding in that if I'm not there, the project is largely going to
stall. If I were to cease working there, the project would probably
fail. That's not such a good thing. Plus, I'm pretty sure working for
a biggish company is going to pay a tad more than an internet startup
that hasn't yet launched its flagship product can afford... oh well.
If the boss's vision is anything to go by, we're going to be bigger
than Microsoft, eBay, Facebook, and Google combined, and all by early
2013. So when I start working a one hour week for a six figure salary,
I'll let you know.

ChrisA