sys.path in python3.3

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Mon Aug 27 05:05:45 EDT 2012

In article <503b3247$0$6877$e4fe514c at news2.news.xs4all.nl>,
 Hans Mulder <hansmu at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On 26/08/12 20:47:34, Nicholas Cole wrote:
> It has been changed to
>
> ~/Library/Python/$py_version_short/lib/python/site-packages
>
> You can find the path it's looking for in site.USER_SITE

That is correct.

> It would be nice if there were some magic code you could use
> for "install_lib" in your .pydistutils.cfg file that worked
> in both 3.2 and 3.3.

As I explained in my reply that overlapped with yours, I believe you
will find that 3.2 and 3.3 behave the same.   The difference is with 3.1
(which is no longer supported); likewise, the same change occurred in
2.7.  So all of the current actively supported released behave the same
way.  That's not much help if you need to use 2.6 or 3.1.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org