New internal string format in 3.3

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 19 10:48:48 EDT 2012

On 19/08/2012 15:09, wxjmfauth at gmail.com wrote:

> I can not give you more numbers than those I gave.
> As a end user, I noticed and experimented my random tests
> are always slower in Py3.3 than in Py3.2 on my Windows platform.

Once again you refuse to supply anything to back up what you say.

> It is up to you, the core developers to give an explanation
> about this behaviour.

Core developers cannot give an explanation for something that doesn't
exist, except in your imagination.  Unless you can produce the evidence
that supports your claims, including details of OS, benchmarks used and
so on and so forth.

> As I understand a little bit the coding of the characters,
> I pointed out, this is most probably due to this flexible
> string representation (with arguments appearing randomly
> in the misc. messages, mainly latin-1).
>
> I can not do more.
>
> (I stupidly spoke about factors 0.1 to ..., you should
> read of course, 1.1,  to ...)
>
> jmf

I suspect that I'll be dead and buried long before you can produce
anything concrete in the way of evidence.  I've thrown down the gauntlet
several times, do you now have the courage to pick it up, or are you
going to resort to the FUD approach that you've been using throughout
this thread?

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.