using python in web applications

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Sat Sep 10 20:50:21 EDT 2011

On 9/10/2011 5:35 PM, Laurent wrote:
> [troll]
> For a serious web based MMO you'd rather stick to low level and forget about bloated Object Relational Mapping java-like layered kind of frameworks that are made for Rapid Applications Development, not for efficiency.
> [/troll]

I replied to that one off list I guess, but I figured Django was way
more overhead than I wanted, doesn't really fit with solving the speed
issue.

> "Eve Online", a well known MMORPG was developped with stackless python : http://highscalability.com/eve-online-architecture
>
> You mentioned nginx so I can tell you I personally use Linux + nginx + mongodb (pymongo) + Python 3 version of cherrypy (with Mako templates) and it's working fine after some tuning.

Awesome, thanks. I'm new to this, so some of that flew over my head, but
I'll take a look at all of them. I'm not sure of the relevance of
stackless in this case; I was looking into PyPy, but I'm not really sure
whether that can be connected with nginx. I guess I could just write the
web server in Python and use it from that point.

--

Take care,
Ty

Sent from my toaster.