Development tools and practices for Pythonistas

Dietmar Schwertberger news at schwertberger.de
Mon May 2 13:40:04 EDT 2011

Am 02.05.2011 01:33, schrieb David Boddie:
> After noting the warnings it contains, see the following page for a
> description of the Python API for Mercurial:
>
>    http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/MercurialApi
Ah, yes, no need to use os.sytem(), but all in all not much difference
from doing so (and usage of CLI is recommended instead of using the
API).
I had a look at this page in 2009 and came to the conclusion that it's
no good idea to use Mercurial as library. Seems that this still holds
true.

> Git also has a Python API, which is fairly reasonable to use, though a bit
> different to the Mercurial one:
>
>    http://www.samba.org/~jelmer/dulwich/
That looks more promising to me.
I think I will try this and Bazaar to find which fits my needs better.

Regards,

Dietmar