Incompatible _sqlite3.so

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Sun Mar 27 18:21:06 EDT 2011

* Alexander Kapps <alex.kapps at web.de> [110327 13:58]:
> On 27.03.2011 23:24, Tim Johnson wrote:
> >I have python 2.6.5 on my main workstation with ubuntu 10.04. I am
> >attempting to set up a temporary test platform on an asus netbook
> >with slax running from an SD card. I have installed a python 2.7
> >module on the slax OS. (I can't find a python 2.6.5 module for
> >slax). For those who don't know, slax is a "pocket" OS and is very
> >limited. In the original slax install with python 2.7, there is not
> >_sqlite3.so available. I copied _sqlite3.so from my workstation and
> >I am getting the following error message:
> >"... undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_DecodeUTF8."
> >
> >I suspect that this is a version problem. I'd like to try
> >_sqlite3.so for python 2.7 (32-bit). If anyone has one or can tell
> >me where get one, I would appreciate it. I am reluctant to install
> >2.7 on my workstation right now.
> >
> >thanks
>
> Slax is a very modular and flexible "pocket OS"/Live distro. It's
> everything but limited .There are many additional modules available.
>
> Python 2.6:
> http://www.slax.org/modules.php?action=detail&id=3118

 That module is *not* trusted. See the warning?
> Several sqlite related packages, you probably need one of the
> pysqlite modules:
> http://www.slax.org/modules.php?search=sqlite&category=
 Python 2.7 comes with its own sqlite module, but for some
 reason, the slax sqlite module does not provide the .so
 file
> Finally, it's quite easy to build your own Slax modules:
> http://www.slax.org/documentation_create_modules.php
  I'm really pressed for time, getting ready for a trip. The
  quickest would be the so file itself, maybe from the slack site or
  if someone has one they can send me.
  Alternatively I would try building python 2.7 from source on slax
  and extracting the file - I haven't used slax in some time, but
  earlier versions had pretty complete build tools.
--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web dot com or akwebsoft dot com