Incompatible _sqlite3.so

Alexander Kapps alex.kapps at web.de
Sun Mar 27 18:55:43 EDT 2011

On 28.03.2011 00:21, Tim Johnson wrote:

>> Python 2.6:
>> http://www.slax.org/modules.php?action=detail&id=3118
>
>   That module is *not* trusted. See the warning?

It's just not verified by the Slax developers. That doesn't mean
it's not trusted. It's the same as with Ubuntu packages from the
Universe repo, or Firefox plugins which haven't been verified by the
Mozilla team. None of them should be used where security matters,
but on a testing system, the danger should be rather low.

If you limit yourself to strictly distro developer approved packages
than I fear it's going to be hard to find one.

If all else fails, you could probably use the _sqlite3.so from
another distro which has Python 2.7 officially.

>   quickest would be the so file itself, maybe from the slack site or
>   if someone has one they can send me.

You don't trust an unverified package from the Slax site, but you
would trust some other stranger on the python-list, to not give you
a manipulated .so? You're either too paranoid or not paranoid enough ;-)