Incompatible _sqlite3.so

Alexander Kapps alex.kapps at web.de
Sun Mar 27 17:54:42 EDT 2011

On 27.03.2011 23:24, Tim Johnson wrote:
> I have python 2.6.5 on my main workstation with ubuntu 10.04. I am
> attempting to set up a temporary test platform on an asus netbook
> with slax running from an SD card. I have installed a python 2.7
> module on the slax OS. (I can't find a python 2.6.5 module for
> slax). For those who don't know, slax is a "pocket" OS and is very
> limited. In the original slax install with python 2.7, there is not
> _sqlite3.so available. I copied _sqlite3.so from my workstation and
> I am getting the following error message:
> "... undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_DecodeUTF8."
>
> I suspect that this is a version problem. I'd like to try
> _sqlite3.so for python 2.7 (32-bit). If anyone has one or can tell
> me where get one, I would appreciate it. I am reluctant to install
> 2.7 on my workstation right now.
>
> thanks

Slax is a very modular and flexible "pocket OS"/Live distro. It's
everything but limited .There are many additional modules available.

Python 2.6:
http://www.slax.org/modules.php?action=detail&id=3118

Several sqlite related packages, you probably need one of the
pysqlite modules:
http://www.slax.org/modules.php?search=sqlite&category=

Finally, it's quite easy to build your own Slax modules:
http://www.slax.org/documentation_create_modules.php

HTH