Need GUI pop-up to edit a (unicode ?) string

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Jan 27 13:04:09 EST 2011

On 2011-01-27, Stephen Hansen <me+list/python at ixokai.io> wrote:
> On 1/25/11 3:02 PM, rantingrick wrote:
>> This is a major flaw in the design and i would be
>> happy to fix the flaw. However our "friend" Fredrick decided to
>> copyright the module to himself! What a jerk! Which is quite
>> disgusting considering that Tkinter, and TclTk are completely open
>> source!
>
> Uh. ... LOL.
>
> Copyright doesn't mean what you think it means.
>
> Tkinter is copyrighted. Python is copyrighted. Tcl/TK is copyrgithed.
>
> In fact: everything that is "open source" is copyrighted. By
> definition[* see footnote].

One (domestic US) exception would be open-source software written by
an employee of the US federal government.  Works produced by the US
Government are not copyrighted under US domestic copyright law.  Such
works are copyrighted under international law (which is probably what
the Python maintainers care about).

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Wow!  Look!!  A stray
                                  at               meatball!!  Let's interview