WxPython versus Tkinter.

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Jan 27 12:47:14 EST 2011

On 2011-01-27, Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes you might be right. It is just my way of communicating and it
> might be too direct and some people might not like it.

Too direct is putting it mildly.

> I always consider the expressions like "How do you do" as having
> absolutely no value, because they are just nice expressions made for
> easing the communication,

So you're saying that you don't see any value in easing communication,
nor presumably in communication itself?

> but yes, most people seem to like them and don't like to discuss
> directly about the sensible problems.

If you don't care about communicating with others, then being civil
probably does have no value (except for keeping a job or being
avoiding being beaten up on the playground).  If you want to
communicate (especially if you want somebody else to _do_ something),
then being civil and following normal social rules (etiquette) is
_very_ valuable. Without it the only thing you accomplish is to turn
people against you and whatever you're saying.

There is no inherent "value" in driving on the right side of the road
vs. the left.  However, there is a lot of value in driving on the side
of road that others expect you to.  I'd tell you to try driving on the
other side of the road sometime to see how "easing communication" can
be valuable, but I'm afraid you'd try it...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm RELIGIOUS!!
                                  at               I love a man with