WxPython versus Tkinter.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 02:23:28 EST 2011

From: "geremy condra" <debatem1 at gmail.com>
The bottom line is that, yes, you do still have to convince people
that accessibility is important if you want them to do anything about
it. I have to do almost exactly the same thing in my field- everybody
knows that security is important, but every time I go to disclose a
vulnerability I have to be very careful if I want to convince the
vendor to fix the problem. During those discussions, an ounce of
civility is worth more than ten tons of righteousness, not only
because it helps convince people to do what you want but because they
frequently walk away from it feeling good about the experience and
eager to not make the same mistake again.

Yes you might be right.
It is just my way of communicating and it might be too direct and some
people might not like it.
I always consider the expressions like "How do you do" as having absolutely
no value, because they are just nice expressions made for easing the
communication, but yes, most people seem to like them and don't like to
discuss directly about the sensible problems.

As the other list members have started thinking that I know who is who and
they thought that I should understand why WxPython can't be included, I have
made the same mistake by thinking that the others are really aware about the
importance of accessibility.
But you are right, this may be a mistake from my part too and I am sorry if
I offended somebody.

Octavian