WxPython versus Tkinter.

geremy condra debatem1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 17:38:28 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not trying to convince anyone. I mean, we are not in the previous century and I hope that I don't need to convince anyone that offering accessibility for everyone is very important. Do you think that on this list there still are members that need to be convinced about this things? Do you really think that there are members that can't understand the importance of accessibility and they need to be convinced, persuaded, motivated with nice words? Do you have such a bad idea about them?
> I am sure that they all know very well why the accessibility is important and I was just trying to tell them that Tkinter doesn't create accessible apps.

The rest of your email seems to hinge on this point, so I'm just going
to address it here and if you feel like I left something out, let me
know.

The bottom line is that, yes, you do still have to convince people
that accessibility is important if you want them to do anything about
it. I have to do almost exactly the same thing in my field- everybody
knows that security is important, but every time I go to disclose a
vulnerability I have to be very careful if I want to convince the
vendor to fix the problem. During those discussions, an ounce of
civility is worth more than ten tons of righteousness, not only
because it helps convince people to do what you want but because they
frequently walk away from it feeling good about the experience and
eager to not make the same mistake again.

Geremy Condra