WxPython versus Tkinter.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 13:45:58 EST 2011

On Jan 27, 11:47 am, Grant Edwards <inva... at invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 2011-01-27, Octavian Rasnita <orasn... at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you don't care about communicating with others, then being civil
> probably does have no value (except for keeping a job or being
> avoiding being beaten up on the playground).  If you want to
> communicate (especially if you want somebody else to _do_ something),
> then being civil and following normal social rules (etiquette) is
> _very_ valuable. Without it the only thing you accomplish is to turn
> people against you and whatever you're saying.

When has Octavian been uncivil? This lecture of Octavian is ludicris!

> There is no inherent "value" in driving on the right side of the road
> vs. the left.  However, there is a lot of value in driving on the side
> of road that others expect you to.  I'd tell you to try driving on the
> other side of the road sometime to see how "easing communication" can
> be valuable, but I'm afraid you'd try it...

So i get it. When Ocatavian agrees with YOU he will be driving on the
"right" side of the road. Until then, he is breaking the law and could
cause a head on collision that could kill people. Wow good thing you
were here to warn him of his "illegal" position and set him strait!
You are such a friendly totalitarian, how do you keep a strait face --
Col. Hans Landa?