WxPython versus Tkinter.

Mark Roseman mark at markroseman.com
Mon Jan 24 14:21:02 EST 2011

"Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler at tysdomain.com> wrote:
> Rather, I believe
> those pushing accessibility should concentrate on the root cause; that
> of fixing TKInter, and not forcing everyone else to use a different library.

Here, here.  From my queries to some of the Tcl/Tk folks, it seems that
while the knowledge and expertise is not present in the core developer
community, they would be more than happy to help people who do have some
knowledge in this area so that Tk could be made to be more accessible.

Grand conspiracies aside, I think the development communities behind
most GUI toolkits would be very receptive to people who could help make
developing accessible applications with their toolkits feasible.

(And if/when this does get done for Tk, I promise at least to make sure
that the tutorial at http:///www.tkdocs.com covers this topic).

Mark