WxPython versus Tkinter.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:49:20 EST 2011

From: "Mark Roseman" <mark at markroseman.com>
> "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler at tysdomain.com> wrote:
>> Rather, I believe
>> those pushing accessibility should concentrate on the root cause; that
>> of fixing TKInter, and not forcing everyone else to use a different library.
>

> Here, here.  From my queries to some of the Tcl/Tk folks, it seems that
> while the knowledge and expertise is not present in the core developer
> community, they would be more than happy to help people who do have some
> knowledge in this area so that Tk could be made to be more accessible.
>
> Grand conspiracies aside, I think the development communities behind
> most GUI toolkits would be very receptive to people who could help make
> developing accessible applications with their toolkits feasible.
>
> (And if/when this does get done for Tk, I promise at least to make sure
> that the tutorial at http:///www.tkdocs.com covers this topic).
>
> Mark

It would be great if the Tk/Tkinter developers would be interested in making this GUI lib accessible.
There are no many people that know about this thing, but there are standards like MSAA that can be followed by them if they really want to offer accessibility.
I guess that if Tkinter would support MSAA (Microsoft Active Accessibility) in its Windows version, the screen readers would be able to offer support for Tk (or it might be offered by default... I don't know).

Octavian