WxPython versus Tkinter.

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Mon Jan 24 08:48:14 EST 2011

On 1/24/11 8:24 AM, rantingrick wrote:

> Bryan you are clearly an idiot. I am demanding that from now on, you
> must have at least a 120 or higher IQ before participating in any of
> my threads. Really, if you are an idiot then you should not be allowed
> to vote or reproduce. However for this group i may have set the bar
> too high!

Rick,

I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt during this discussion,
but I've had enough. Bryan Oakley is no idiot. You said elsewhere in
this thread that my expertise with Tkinter was worth something, but
Bryan's is worth far more. He is one of the foremost Tcl/Tk developers
alive, author of many widely-used Tk widgets, and a long-term helpful
presence on comp.lang.tcl. He's patiently answered many inflammatory
questions from inexperienced or arrogant developers, and I've learned a
tremendous amount from him. Job circumstances forced him to move into
Python development a few years ago, and he now uses wxPython on a daily
basis, while being active on Stack Overflow and elsewhere with answering
questions about Tkinter.  In short, I'd have a hard time imagining
anyone more qualified to compare wxPython and Tkinter than Bryan Oakley.

Also, it's not helpful for you to respond to people who disagree with
you with this kind of name-calling. It certainly does not earn any
respect for your arguments.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer