WxPython versus Tkinter.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 09:36:26 EST 2011

On Jan 24, 7:48 am, Kevin Walzer <k... at codebykevin.com> wrote:

> Rick,
>
> I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt during this discussion,
> but I've had enough. Bryan Oakley is no idiot.

He is obviously lying to discredit me. And I have posted evidence of
his hyperbole.

> You said elsewhere in
> this thread that my expertise with Tkinter was worth something, but
> Bryan's is worth far more. He is one of the foremost Tcl/Tk developers
> alive, author of many widely-used Tk widgets, and a long-term helpful
> presence on comp.lang.tcl. He's patiently answered many inflammatory
> questions from inexperienced or arrogant developers, and I've learned a
> tremendous amount from him. Job circumstances forced him to move into
> Python development a few years ago, and he now uses wxPython on a daily
> basis, while being active on Stack Overflow and elsewhere with answering
> questions about Tkinter.  In short, I'd have a hard time imagining
> anyone more qualified to compare wxPython and Tkinter than Bryan Oakley.

Yet he has NO knowledge of wxPython and his Tkinter knowledge is
lacking.

> Also, it's not helpful for you to respond to people who disagree with
> you with this kind of name-calling. It certainly does not earn any
> respect for your arguments.

Well i agree with that. However these people keep coming back with the
same BS arguments...

 * the challenge is impossible.

No the challenge is not impossible to complete. However due to
Tkinters lacking richness. It is impossible to win against wxPython.
So they resort to all this BS because they KNOW they cannot win. Just
admit that wxPython wins this round and i'll move on to the next
challenge.

 * wxPython is not cross platform.

Total BS.

 * Yes wxPython has many widgets but most are not useful.

Even more BS.

And you wonder why i call people ignorant? I did give them the benefit
of the doubt before saying these things. Bryan has yet to post any
links so i can corroborate his "Tkinter" guru status. He has also
clearly lied many times in his posts (which i have documented). And
most importantly no one but myself has offered any code.